Look over all your Policies and Terms
- Are all your documents up to date?
- Do you have your wholesale terms ready to send next time your asked if you sell wholesale?
- Are your prices changing in 2019? Is you price list updated?
Make sure all documents and online source list the updated versions and are consistent with each other.
Clean and Organize your Workspace
Consider doing a quick inventory while you clean. Make a list of supplies you should reorder. Destash things you haven’t used and won’t use again.
Set yourself a Schedule
- Production 3 hours a day or once a week
- Promoting your business online once a day or once a week
- Answering email every morning or as soon as they come in.
- Mailing orders once a day or 3 times a week
- Creative time just for you
Expand your Market
- Do you use all the multi-media available to you? (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Etsy, Website, Ravelry)
- Do you have an established emailing list?
- Do you send out weekly or monthly newsletters?
- Join your local fiber group, or better yet start a group. Visit your local yarn/ fiber shop tell them about you and your business while shopping. You support them they support you!
Chat and Visit with your fellow artist. Facebook, Instagram, and Ravelry are great places to start. Tell your story, ask questions, ext.…
Take a Break
Owning a business can be draining. So take a break once in a while, take walks, read, spin or knit for yourself. Catch up on other parts of your life. Don’t burn yourself out forcing creativity is never a good thing.